Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An American Revolution?

Tonight I decided to start this blog because I think a passion sparked within me. There are so many good changes we Americans want for our nation, for our world. Times are different, though, and it doesn't seem to be in our blood to protest, picket, or ask our friends and neighbors to stand behind us for a cause. Heck, we might get arrested, and then who would want to employ us?

So, what does it take for us to be motivated enough and coordinated enough to make a change? I think right now we lack the commitment for a large, detailed plan. I do believe, however, that if we can take little steps in the right direction, the picture will begin to unfold before our eyes.

I believe we can take small steps together, lacking too much pain or effort to interfere greatly with our current lifestyles, and then slowly build a revolution of positive change.

I want to ask you to muster up just a small amount of courage and act for the greater good of humankind, knowing full well that some of your small changes won't even directly benefit you.

To be continued. Tonight I am not asking for a large monetary charitable donation, hours upon hours of community service, or a large grassroots uprising. Just start thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment