Monday, January 4, 2010

Before I go to bed - notes, cards, and promises

I always think about sending people cards and notes, and then I rarely do. Well, I have five notes/cards that I would REALLY like to send for 3 birthdays, 1 sympathy, and another is a thank you. Then there are a few more "just because" type notes that I hope to get out soon.

Just think, paper cards, handwritten, with a stamp, a postmark, and maybe even a few stickers...ahhhh, the good old days. I think we can muster up more than Facebook happy birthdays for our very closest of friends and family. Think how you feel when you get a birthday card. All right, it's even better when money falls out, but that's a bit much to ask!

On a more personal note about goings on in my life, I have been trying really hard to keep promises to myself. There are so many things I WANT to do, but getting around to them is a challenge. But sometimes I specifically promise myself that I will do something or other. It doesn't always happen. This is sort of my unofficial New Year's Resolution. If I can't keep the promise to myself, don't make it. Then, if I do make a promise to myself, muster up the motivation and energy to follow through on that. I have noticed that if I complete even one or two of those little promises to myself, it really gives me a burst of pride and seems to generate more motivation!

YEAH! I may not do everything I want to do, but it feels good to follow through on a few little things I have promised myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment