Sunday, January 3, 2010

Supermarket

So as I put my donation into the barrel tonight, it didn't feel as good as it normally did. Is it because I told myself I need to do that every time I shop? Don't get me wrong, I REALLY want to help feed the folks who need a hand right now. But usually my heart feels bigger. Is something wrong with my approach? For now I'm just going to answer no to this question because my intention really is to help others, not to feel like a saint every time I do something good. In fact, have you ever noticed that sometimes a good deed almost feels better when no one else knows? That gets me to thinking....

1 comment:

  1. Hey; I love this! Here's my thought.. I love what your blog is saying, but maybe publishing exactly what you did isn't the way to do it. Here's why I'm thinking that.. In the bible, when it talks about doing good deeds, or helping your neighbor, Jesus says "Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing". I think the reason is that if we tell other people we can set ourselves up to fail. We can also start to feel kind of "high and mighty" if you will. Maybe we should also strive to let the Spirit work within us and direct us to our good deeds. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete